Practice Founder, Customer Success
Dan is a functional area builder and transformer with nearly 30 years of customer-facing solutioning, delivery, and Customer Success experience, inclusive of 15 years of functional area leadership and management and 25 years of experience working at early-stage technology companies.
Dan is focused primarily on Customer Success but is also able and open to working in the functional areas of Product and Operations. He recently completed a successful 5-year tenure at digital water platform company 120Water serving in Customer Success and other executive leadership roles in Product and Operations. During his time at 120Water, he helped the company grow from startup to scale-up by working closely on its $7M in Series A funding, impacting its 15X+ revenue / 50X+ customer / 13X staff growth (including leading its 28-person Customer Success team) as the team reached and maintained 98%+ customer retention.
Dan’s highly cross-functional skillset, multi-industry background, and a “thought meet action” style allow him to strategically, quickly, and effectively build or transform functions for startup and scale-up stage companies. Dan’s approach is to work with his client companies in an immersive, embedded manner as a seamless extension of their team. This approach enabled him to establish the proper holistic functional area foundation aligned to delivering customer value and company strategy and then build, lead, and manage highly effective teams upon that foundation.
In addition to Dan’s work as a company leader and executive, he is also a proven and active entrepreneur, having founded or co-founded two companies and one of Indiana's most successful incubator/co-working centers. Dan also enjoys “paying it forward” with startups and founders with his time and money as an angel investor in B2B startups (including one exit to Microsoft), a Limited Partner in M25’s Fund III, a mentor for accelerators such as Gener8tor’s gBeta program and The Heritage Group Accelerator, and as a Guild member with Platform Venture Studio.
Dan is a married father of two boys and lives in the quaint community of Zionsville, IN. He loves the outdoors and adventuring and spends two months a year in the mountains of southwest Colorado Dan is an avid, passionate fly-fishing angler and also founded and runs a fast-growing fishing-themed casual footwear company called Catchflo.
* KSM Consulting (acquired by Renovus)
* Catchflo (founder & owner)
* zWORKS (co-founder)
* Target20 CRM (co-founder)
* TurnLeaf (acquired by CTB/McGrawHill)
* Delcom Education Solutions
* Neovation (division of Ciber)
* Winteractive Sports Marketing
* Pikes Peak International Raceway
* Summit Sports
* Customer Success Leadership and Management
* Organization and Role Design and Implementation
* Delivery and Support Processes Design and Implementation
* Customer Health Frameworks and Measurement
* NPS Implementation
* Customer Journey and Customer Experience Design and Implementation
* Performance Management (KPI / OKR / MBO)
* Client Success Technology, Tools Selection, Implementation, and Usage
* Hiring, Staff Development, Mentoring, and Management
* Solution/Sales Engineering (Both Internal and Customer-Facing)
* Enterprise Solution Implementation and Project/Program Management
* Fundraising/Capital Raise Preparation/Execution and Angel Investing
* Product Management
* Operations, Including Supply Chain Management